Two weeks in a row! There may be life in this old thing yet….
- 10/09/2016: Like a headline pinned to a locker room bulletin board, a quote from a friend I’ve scrawled on the inside cover of my notebook urges me angrily back to its pages, both blank and scribbled on, again and again and again.
- 10/10/2016: I will take a cool Autumn evening with a stiff breeze out of the north, the clatter of brittle leaves, and that magnificent golden light over anything summer has to offer.
- 10/11/2016: Driving sleet accumulation, both on my windshield and beside the road during my early morning drive, reminds me that in Montana, October can hit us with winter any time it wants to.
- 10/12/2016: If shiftlessly lolling about doing nothing can be a metaphor for “sharpening the saw,” then this afternoon has filed a positively vicious bite onto mine.
- 10/13/2016: Slayer!
- 10/14/2016: A raven perches on a fence post facing the corral, its beak working, while a horse a yard distant, teeth bared, tosses its head, and I wonder just what exactly they are talking about.
- 10/15/2016: What’s the point in working for yourself if you can’t, on occasion, drop everything and answer to the rallying cry of friends in town?