Haven’t done one of these since April. I’m trying to do better.
- 10/02/2016: Some sun, some clouds, and much-needed quiet in company better than my own.
- 10/03/2016: No hint of sunrise on the horizon for the 5:30 AM drive into yoga, when it seems that just a week or two ago the same trip was one made in the most glorious of golden light.
- 10/04/2016: Full darkness of evening and the surrounding fields burst to life with the cries of at least a half-dozen prairie wolves, a song, experienced from my front porch, that moves me nearly to tears.
- 10/05/2016: Lunch time: a cacophony of activity at the yard and bird feeders, the rooster in full voice a block or two away, and, against a puffy, gunmetal sky, three Vs of geese honking by overhead.
- 10/06/2016: On a power pole near the old mill at twilight an owl perches in silhouette, head thrust forward like a gargoyle, its entire body a twitch away from destruction.
- 10/07/2016: Wherever I’ve gone, these last few days, I await my return.
- 10/08/2016: A long day of intermittent rain and loneliness, then acute social anxiety, lead to a hasty retreat from evening plans to home and a solo late night iMac screening of The Legend of Tarzan.