I’ve been largely absent here; largely absent from social media in a lot of ways, frankly, except for on Instagram, which remains a steady source of enjoyment for me. I’ve yet to get pissed off in just a minute or two of looking at Instagram, which can’t be said for my experiences on any of the other platforms. So it’s been a couple months since I did any of these One-Sentence Journal posts, but I started up again on the 1st because they were good practice in keeping connected with the world around me. Here’s to keeping at it once again. . . .
- 09/01/2014: Driving by an open pool in a patch of wetlands, early AM, the sky reflected in the surface, just as a series of concentric rings are spreading from a single center point, and I drive on imagining what made them.
- 09/02/2014: I’m not proud of it, but as their presence continues to expand in many of my favorite hiking places, I’m beginning to feel about mountain bikes and the subset of inconsiderate pilots among them the same way so many indignant drivers seem to feel about sharing the roads with bicycles around town.
- 09/03/2014: Having just finished a Hap & Leonard novel from Joe R. Lansdale — the first in that series I’ve read — I’m compelled once again to admire the writer for choosing to write whatever the hell he wants in whatever genre he wants and do a great job regardless.
- 09/04/2014: I spent my afternoon and evening with my camera in hand doing two separate photoshoots (Behring Made on behalf of Montana magazine, and once again for Betty’s Divine) and loved every minute of them.
- 09/05/2014: It was a big night on the home front tonight as the brand new season eight of Trailer Park Boys became available on Netflix, and Julia and I were both pleased to find our heroes in excellent form.
- 09/06/2014: Out on the dusty hiking trail this evening, I was reflecting on how many folks “ooo!” and “aaah!” over all of these beautiful young people and their adventure travel blogs — and all their photos of exotic locales — without ever taking the time to really explore their own backyards and the wonders to be found close to home.
- 09/07/2014: It’s been officially determined that the mighty American Falcon will be playing two shows in two different venues on the night of October 10th, simply because no single room can handle the crushing weight of ROCK we intend to lay down.