We’re careening into the holiday season already. How do I know? Because people have been complaining about seeing Christmas decorations in the stores for a couple weeks now, and I got my first whiff that Christmas music is in the air. Plus Julia showed me the outfit they have to wear during December at Betty’s, and she called it her “Star Track” uniform. I asked her to repeat it, as if I hadn’t heard, just so I could hear her say “Star Track” again (instead of, of course, star TREK). Last year it was this awesome gray onesie thing that she still busts out for relaxation time. I should really lean on Aimee to put them in onesies every year.
Anyway, there are a few things coming up in the next couple weeks that I’m actually excited for. In no particular order, they include:
- THANKSGIVING! Arguably my favorite holiday, and not for what it represents. For me it’s about the time of year and feasting on my mom’s excellent cooking. It’s a holiday for sweat pants, no doubt about it.
- Julia and I plan to go see that new Hunger Games movie. Liked the first one enough to want to see the second, though it didn’t make me want to read the books. I’m cool with that.
- I’m pretty stoked to go to Portland the week after that for the Noir at the Bar event. Good people involved and it should be fun. Plus I’m always up for a prowl around that city, and I should have a couple hours to do so.
- Holiday Made Fair coming up as well. Hoping to sell some bitchin’ Naked But For a Loincloth shirts. Maybe I’ll become a t-shirt tycoon, who knows.
- New Hobbit movie. Yeah, I’m still a geek for that stuff.
That’s all just in the next couple weeks, and I’m sure I’m forgetting something (not the least of which will be a trip to Texas for work, I think).
Anything coming up you’re particularly looking forward to?